With the adrenaline of the New Year winding down it can be very easy to fall in a rut and lose focus with your fitness. Spats of cold weather, seasonal sickness rearing its ugly head and other life events can easily derail your efforts of becoming healthier in 2020. Here are a few suggestions that may help you to get that workout in, even when you are not feeling like it. Remember it doesn't always have to be the workout of the century. Just getting it in is more than half the battle!
- Today is Day One or One Day. If you want to start doing something different, start today. Whether it’s going for a walk on your lunch break, eating smaller portions, or drinking more H2O… start NOW!
- Plan Your Day-Do Your Plan. You are more likely to follow through with something if it was planned. Life can often take twists and turns so planning to get your workout in 1st thing in the am may be the best option for you.
- Make Habit Building a Goal. Instead of putting all of your focus on losing weight and inches, or fitness performance, practice consistency.Even if you start by getting up at the same time every morning to stretch-do it! Building your fitness habit is critical in your long-term success no matter what goal you set for yourself
- Beware of weeks 3 + 4. Statistics show that most people either succeed or give up on training. Try a new class during these weeks if things are feeling to monotonous to “spice things up”.
- Pace yourself. When starting a habit it’s easy to get started with a lot of motivation and do too much, too soon, too fast. Try training every other day for the first few weeks and then add something easy in between like walking, light cardio, or stretching. You will be more likely to maintain your fitness habits and achieve your goals if you know when to rest.