- 3 Tbsp raw honey melted (if solid)
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice or white vinegar
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts about 1 1/2 lbs
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil for the grill or pan
- 8 cups chopped romaine kale, or other greens, or a mix
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber peeled and sliced
- 1 large avocado thinly sliced
- 8 slices bacon cooked until crisp, and chopped or crumbled
- 6 hard boiled eggs sliced
- You can either whisk the dressing together in a bowl, streaming in the oil slowly until well combined, or use an immersion blender. If using the blender, place all ingredients in a tall jar and blend until well combined. I like to use an immersion blender for a thicker, smoother dressing. Once done, set aside or refrigerate to use later.
- Combine the salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder in a small bowl and season the chicken all over. Heat your grill (or a grill pan) to medium/med-high heat and brush with the oil. Once sizzling hot, add chicken and grill about 5 minutes per side or until just cooked through. Internal temperature of the chicken should reach 165°F. Remove to a cutting board and set aside.
- In a large serving bowl, layer the salad greens with the tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, avocado, cooked and crumbled bacon, and sliced hardboiled eggs. Thinly slice the grilled chicken and layer into the salad as desired. Drizzle the dressing over the top and toss, or serve it on the side. Enjoy!