Cook Time:30 minutes
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup diced onion (about ½ large)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz canned or jarred diced tomatoes
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 t chili powder
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1 t ground cumin
- ⅛ - ½ t ground chipotle powder
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan set over medium-high heat.
2. When oil starts to shimmer, add ground turkey. Break up turkey with a wooden spoon and cook 5 minutes.
3. Add onions and garlic and continue to cook an additional 8-10 minutes or until onions are translucent and meat is almost cooked through.
4. Turn up the heat to high. Add tomatoes, sweet potatoes, broth and seasonings and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered 10-15 minutes until chili is hot and sweet potatoes are tender. A longer simmer will intensify the flavors and leftovers are even better the next day.