- 2 small red onions cut into chunks
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 asparagus spears (cut into half or thirds depending on length)
- 3/4 lbs sirloin or ribeye steak
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup radishes thinly sliced
- 5 cups lettuce
- 2 cups parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano
- 1 shallot
- 1 red chili roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Toss the red onion pieces in 1/2 tbsp oil oil. Heat a grill pan on medium high heat, add the red onion and leave to grill for 7-8 minutes until they have softened and grill marks form. With about 5 minutes left of cooking add the asparagus pieces to the pan and let them cook for 4-5 mins until they are tender. Set aside
- Combine all of the chimichurri ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper and then place it on the grill pan set on medium high heat and cook for 4 minutes per side for rare (or until the steak reaches your desired doneness). Once cooked remove the steak and set aside for 5 minutes to rest before slicing.
- To assemble start with the lettuce base on a serving plate or large salad bowl. Top with the sliced radishes, cherry tomatoes, grilled asparagus and red onion. Place the sliced steak over top and then toss everything with the chimichurri before serving.