Pulled Tandoori Chicken
For The Pulled Chicken
- 1 kilogram chicken breasts, fat trimmed and cut into palm sized portions (just over 2 lbs)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch sea salt
For The Tandoori Sauce
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk (can sub for Greek yogurt/dairy free plain yogurt if not paleo or dairy free)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional but highly recommended)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp black pepper
To Cook The Chicken
- 1. Fill a large pot with chicken stock and add the garlic and onion and bring to the boil.
- 2. Once boiling, add the chicken breasts and after 2 minutes, reduce to low and allow to simmer for 12-15 minutes, until chicken is just cooked and no longer pink. Remove from heat and drain immediately and allow chicken to cool.
- 3. Once cooled, place chicken back into the pot and using two forks, shred the chicken finely. Add the tandoori sauce and serve immediately*
To Make Tandoori Sauce
- 1. Combine all the spices into a small bowl and add the coconut milk (or Greek yogurt) and mix until fully incorporated. Adjust spices to suit taste (I love a really spicy sauce so go overboard with the cayenne pepper and smoked paprika)
- If you intend to eat the chicken later (e.g. for meal prep), do not add the sauce until about to eat to maintain freshness.
- Pulled chicken can be refrigerated for 2-3 days without the sauce, or frozen for up to a month
the big man's world ® https://thebigmansworld.com/