Baked Sweet Potato Wedges
By Will Mackie
· 3 sweet potatoes
· ¼ cup olive oil
· ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
· ¼ teaspoon salt
· ⅛ teaspoon paprika
· 3-4 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
1. Cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise, the cut each half into 4-5 wedges.
2. Place wedges in a bowl, cover with water and add ice, about 2 cups worth. Let wedges sit in ice for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
4. Remove wedges from water and pat dry.
5. Place wedges back into a large, dry bowl. Add melted fat, garlic powder, salt, and paprika. Toss wedges to coat.
6. Place wedges on a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet to help cook on both sides (if you don't have a cooling rack, just cook on parchment paper lined baking sheet and flip half way through cooking).
7. Bake wedges for 30-35 minutes until cooked through and browned.
8. After cooked, let cool for 5 minutes then toss wedges in the bowl with fresh dill. I used the same bowl that I had first tossed the wedges in with oil, the oil helps coat the wedges a little more and keep the dill sticking to the wedges.
*Best for carb night dinners