This recipe is by Diane Sanfilippo, New York Times bestselling author of Practical Paleo,The 21-Day Sugar Detox, and everything at www.balancedbites.com.
Yield: Approximately 3-4 servings.
For the Salmon:
• 2 Tbsp butter, ghee or coconut oil
• 1 lb wild salmon
• 1 lemon
• 1 tsp Rosemary Salt Blend
1) Preheat the oven to a low broil setting.
2) Place thinly sliced pats of butter in a baking dish where you will place the salmon (or spread ghee or coconut oil down).
3) Place the salmon in the dish and sprinkle with the rosemary salt blend. Place more thin pats of chosen cooking fat on top of the salmon, then top with slices of lemon.
4) Broil on low for approximately 10-15 minutes or until the salmon is cooked to your liking. A thicker piece of fish may take closer to 15 minutes while a thin piece will take just around 10.
For the Rosemary Salt Blend:
• 1/2 cup ground, dried rosemary
• 1/4 cup coarse sea salt
1) Combine all spices in a food processor. Store in a jar or resealable bag for use in recipes.