Paleo Gluten Free Soft Pumpkin Cookies
- ½ cup (82g) raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup (114g) blanched almond flour*
- 2 tablespoons (4g) arrowroot powder
- 2 to 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice** (I like my cookies spicy so I add 3 tsp)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons (41g) melted butter or coconut oil
- ⅓ cup (49g) unrefined coconut sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature***
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup (115g) pumpkin puree
- Using a food processor, pulse the pumpkin seeds until they have a fine, flour-like texture. Add the pumpkin flour to a large bowl along with the almond flour, arrowroot, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking soda. Mix with a spatula to combine the ingredients until you see no more lumps.
- In a separate bowl, add the butter, coconut sugar and egg, and whisk until the sugar dissolves. Then add the vanilla and pumpkin puree, and whisk well to combine the ingredients and add some air into the mixture.
- Using your spatula, mix the wet and dry ingredients together just until combined. Freeze the dough for 15 to 20 minutes, and in the mean time preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and drop tablespoonfuls of the chilled dough onto the sheet. Flatten the cookies slightly with your fingers and bake until the bottom and edges start to brown, about 12 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool in the pan over a cooling rack for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts per serving (17 servings):
Total carbs 5.4g; Fiber 1.2g; Net carbs 4.2g; Protein 3.4g; fat 8.2g; Calories 104 kcal