- 3 small green zucchinis
- 5 oz tiger prawns, cooked
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- for the avocado & basil sauce:
- ½ cup of basil
- ¼ of a ripe avocado
- 1 cloves of garlic, minced
- the juice of ¼ a lemon
- salt and pepper
- Start by making the zucchini 'pasta'. Slice off the two ends of each zucchini.
- Use a mandoline with the "julienne" attachment to make pasta like strips. OR if you do not have a mandoline, cut the zucchini into thin wide strips, lengthwise, then finely slice the strips, lengthwise again. You should have long, thin strips of zucchini that look like linguini.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Blanch the zucchini for 30 seconds, then rinse under cold water. You only want to just soften the zucchini slightly. Set aside.
- Cook your prawns, or defrost pre cooked prawns. Set aside.
- For the sauce, place the basil, avocado, garlic, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a food processor/blender. Blend until you have the consistency you like.
- Once the sauce is done, toss it in the bowl with the zucchini, prawns, and cherry tomatoes.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled - it's up to you!