- 1/2 tbsp cooking oil (coconut oil or butter)
- 6-8 chicken drumsticks (you could swap this out for chicken thighs if you prefer)
- 1 chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2x 400g cans tomatoes (chopped or cherry tomatoes in juice)
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, chopped in half if you desire (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180’C on bake.
2. Heat a pan over medium heat on the stove top. Melt the cooking oil. Add the drumsticks, cooking and turning until they brown. Remove them from the pan and place them in a baking dish.
3. Add the sliced chorizo to the same pan and cook for approximately 2 minutes – until they lightly crisp. Sprinkle these over the chicken.
4. Return the pan to the heat (don’t bother washing it or tipping out the fat) Add in the onion and garlic cloves, mix lightly. Tip over the paprika, coriander, oregano, cumin, cayenne pepper (if using), and salt. Mix this with the onion while it cooks until fragrant.
5. Spoon in the tomato paste, mix through.
6. Tip over the tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. Stir it through the remaining ingredients then bring to the boil.
7. Mix in the olives (if using) then pour the tomato mixture over the chicken and chorizo in the oven dish.
8. Bake in the oven for 30-40 mins until the liquid has cooked down and the chicken is cooked through.